Monday, May 23, 2011

37 Weeks/Nursery is Complete!

Wow.  37 weeks.  21 days.  I'm full term.  Baby can be born any day now and they will not try to stop labor.  He's finished!  Everyday he stays in he's just getting a little stronger.  He weighs somwhere in the neighborhood of 6.5 pounds and is around 20 inches.  So what's he doing in there?  He's practicing inhaling, sucking, blinking, and pivoting.  So are you ready for the LAST fruit???  :)

It's kind of a bittersweet moment!  This has been the LONGEST 9 months of my life, but it's incredible to think that I just grew a baby.  I started filling out his baby book and just smiled the whole time.  Writing down the life story of his mommy and daddy.  Skipping pages that will be filled out once he's born and we know about him.  Knowing that any day I will be able to look into his eyes and he will look back.  Working with Kyle to raise this little guy.  We are going to be PARENTS.  What a huge responsibility.  But I can't wait.  :)

The hospital bags are all packed.  The carseat is installed.  His clothes are all washed.  Everything is ready for his arrival.  We are just waiting now.  I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and she said they would "probably" check me for dilation/effacement.  I've been having tons of aches and pains lately.  Plenty of contractions.  Sharp, burning pains that apparently indicate that he's moving down.  Hip/pelvic pain.  It is unbelievable how uncomfortable the last month is.  No matter what you do, there's no relief.  The good part is, I'm used to it and welcome it.  I don't really complain about it anymore, just suck it up and get excited that it's getting so close. :)  I did have a horrible headache/migraine over the weekend that made me cry because I was just so done with it.  It's one of those things where it's like, "Ok, this is old.  Let's just be done, ok?"  I know I'm getting there, though.  Just a short while longer!  I've also felt sick to my stomach and was in the bathroom part of the night last night.  Whatever. :P

Ok, so I know you're all excited to see his room!  I'm so excited about it, especially knowing that it's DONE!  I apologize in advance for the heavy number of pictures.  It's just one of those things where you step back and admire all the work you've put in.  So here it is!  Baby Kirby's nursery...

BEFORE
AFTER

Diaper bag is ready to go!


This little guy has tons of clothes!

A view from the OTHER door of the closet!

Pac N Play and bouncy seat are ready!

Bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids and I LOVE it!

I'm sure he will spend tons of time on his playmat!
Carseat is ready to bring home baby!




Here's all his socks, shoes, and hats!

Lots of jammies!

Pants and shorts

Receiving blankets and Aden and Anais blankets!

Warm, cozy blankets.

Lots of wipes!

Baby carrier and sling, burp cloths, and grooming stuff.

Bibs and towels.

Baby lotion/shampoo/body wash and hooded robes and sheets/etc.

There we have it!  So excited for him to get here now!  If I have major news from the doctor in a few hours, I will of course post them tonight.  But I'm not getting my hopes up, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment