Tuesday, May 10, 2011

35/35!

Today marks a big milestone in the pregnancy world.  It's called "35/35".  That means I'm 35 weeks along and I have 35 days left until my due date!  So it's pretty exciting.  I haven't really had a countdown of days so to speak (the past couple weeks I've said things like, "I have 6 weeks and 3 days left").  So this is really exciting that I can finally start counting down actual days instead of weeks!  Insanity.

I do want to inform my readers that I did go back to Coldstone on Sunday and got more banana ice cream with chocolate chips. ;)  It was soooo yummy and worth every bite!  So far this morning I've already had 2 popsicles.

So I think my body is preparing and labor is getting close.  I know I still won't know the exact day, but I do know I'm getting ready!  My body is doing some weird things (including contractions, major lower back pain at times, hugely swollen feet and hands at times, lots of pelvic pressure, sharp pains, baby dropping, a bigger appetite than I've had the whole pregnancy even though I get full really quick, stomach aches everyday, peeing every 5 seconds instead of every 10, and some other bathroom-related things that I won't go into ;)  You're welcome.)  I have read all these are signs that things are starting to happen!  It could still definitely be another month before I give birth, but it's exciting just to know that things are progressing and that he's preparing to enter the world!

Yesterday I also did some MAJOR nesting!  I went nonstop from about 8 a.m. until 11 p.m.  It was the most unusual burst of energy I've had...maybe even the whole time.  I vaccumed, dusted, scrubbed countertops, did dishes, mopped floors, organized a cabinet in our mudroom, filed papers, washed baby clothes, finished thank-you notes, balanced my checkbook, wiped down all the appliances, installed the car seat, folded up the stroller and put it in the back of my vehicle, packed up the Pac N' Play and put it away, organized cookbooks and other books of mine, and ordered valances for the nursery (I hated the ones I picked up on Sunday...too lime green!).  It truly was weird.  No naps.  No sleeping in.  No lounging around.  And my body actually handled it pretty well.  I was kind of shocked.  Hmmmm...

This week he's still melon-sized.  He weighs around 5.5 pounds and is likely maxed out at length (somewhere around 20 inches).  He's pretty much done growing in length.  There's still a lot of brain development going on, though.  It's crazy that there's not much else going on with him.  He's pretty much done.

I also have my last shower this weekend.  We're making the trek up to Michigan for my family's shower.  I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and getting away.  Mom thought we should do the trip in one day.  Drive 3 hours up, have the shower, drive 3 hours home.  I told her that would be a HORRIBLE idea and really wear me out.  So we're leaving Friday, shower Saturday, coming home Sunday.  That will be a lot easier on my body!  I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing everyone, especially since we didn't go up for Christmas this past year.  :(

It's the final stretch!  Stay tuned!

35 weeks pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment