Monday, May 2, 2011

34 Weeks

6 more weeks!!!! :D

I actually had a really good doctor's appointment today (yay!).  What a relief!  My hands are incredibly swollen today to where I can barely bend them.  But my blood pressure was still 110/60.  Measuring well.  Baby's heart rate was 141.  Slowing down a little bit!  She actually said I don't have to come in next week.  I just go back on Monday the 16th and start my every week appointments (the ones I'm SUPPOSED to have)!  :)  I "get" to have my Group B Strep test, which I'm not really excited about, but at the same time it's one of the last routine tests I have to have done before delivery, so that's actually exciting.  I can't wait to find out if I'll have made any progress by then.  I'm not getting my hopes up, because I know how this first-time-mom thing works.  Your body has never done this before and is usually slow at getting the process going.  As I've said, I'm totally expecting to go a week late and have to be induced.  I hardly know ANYBODY that has gone early or on their own.  Time will tell!  :)

The nursery is just missing a bookshelf, so as soon as that arrives I will be able to post pics!  Maybe it's pregnancy hormones, but I'm frustrated with the way it's turning out.  The furniture fits awkwardly into the room and it just doesn't look how I wanted it to.  :(

***Sidenote:  We stopped at Coldstone yesterday after church and lunch.  I got banana ice cream with chocolate chips.  Let me tell you.  It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!  I wish I had some more right now...***

Last week I had the flu.  It was HORRIBLE.  I couldn't keep anything in my stomach for 4 days.  Monday-Thursday.  Morning to night.  I lost weight.  I quickly gained it all back (first time I've EVER been happy to have gained weight!).  My doctor actually said today, "Hey!  You've gained a pound!  Yay!"  Lol.  It was some miserable 4 days, let me tell ya.  SO glad that's over.  One of those days I NEVER got out of bed, except to use the bathroom.  Kyle had it, too (worse than I did even), and stayed home and in bed that same day.  We were miserable together, haha.

Baby is right around 20 inches long and 5 pounds right now.  That's close to newborn size!  Actually, newborn clothes fit babies 5-8 pounds, so he could actually wear clothes now, haha!  His fingernails should be at the tips of his fingernails right now.  Good thing I have a pair of clippers ready to go in the diaper bag to take to the hospital!  The amount of blood in my body has increased by 50%, but from this point on it will stay the same until delivery.  This part is exciting and fascinating to me:  the placenta has now reached its full maturity and will now start to AGE!  It seems like everything is slowing down and prepping for birth.  His immune system is developing to fight mild infections and he's now too big to float around in the amniotic fluid.  That means he's REALLY cramped.  I've noticed because I haven't felt him moving as much lately.  He still moves, everyday.  It's just not like it used to be. 

And I think he's moving down because the pain and pressure in my pelvis is insane.  My hips hurt a lot.  But several times each week (normally at some point each day) I think I've started getting contractions.  The doctor said they are, but nothing to worry about since they're not regular.  I tried to time them the other day, but it was too hard and I couldn't really figure it out.  So I told myself it's obviously not the real thing.  :P  But the pain is like these relatively bad cramps (I used to get cramps real bad in high school to where I would have to go to the hospital and I would scream in pain...it was AWFUL...these aren't that bad yet...they're more like my "Ok, in less than an hour I'm going to be on my death bed if I don't take anything" cramps....I knew the bad ones were on their way).  So yeah, really bad cramps combined with some intense back pain.  Not fun at all.  But is it weird that I actually LIKE when it happens?  I've felt like crap for the last 8 months to where this is pain that I actually welcome because i know it's leading to something great very soon!

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I may post between now and next week again if the bookshelf comes in, but until then....see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment