Friday, June 3, 2011

38.5 Weeks!

I'm a little behind this week!  I've been going crazy trying to get the house ready and last-minute things finished up.  I've also been up to the school each day for a little while this week because today was the last day of school.  I ALMOST cried, but I held it together!  My kids are just so sweet and it's so neat to reflect on how far they've come.  They make me proud.

So there's actually not a whole lot to report.  At this point it's just a waiting game.  A very anxious one at that!  It's very emotional because it's just hit me that life will never, ever be the same.  I can't be so independent anymore.  That's a harder pill to swallow than one might think.  But I'm eager to start this new adventure and slowly, but surely, getting excited.

So my appointment this week went pretty well.  I am 1 cm dilated, 90% effaced, and +1 station.  Let me see if I can find a picture of what that means, because a lot of people have been asking...


Wow, that's a really large image.  And looking at it is somewhat...painful.  It explains why my hips hurt so bad!  Goodness!  She said he's really low, so this gives me a good idea of what she's talking about.  And I guess most people at this point are somewhere around -1 or -2.  I had one person tell me they weren't ever at +1 until they were in active labor.  So who knows...it's also just another number.  She DID tell me, "I have to admit, I'm really surprised I didn't see you in the hospital this past weekend!  I thought for sure you'd be one of the ones I saw."  To which my response was, "I wish you had seen me..."  She told me she would be very surprised if I make it to my due date.  It literally could be any day.

I've been having some contractions and lots of hip pain and just random pains.  Some of them HURT.  I wish my water would just break so I would know, for sure, to head to the hospital.  Timing contractions is actually a lot harder than you think, especially when your back is constantly hurting.  It gets hard to decipher the intense pain from the pain that's already there.  The doctor thinks I'm already in early labor, which can last for days.

Kyle asked (because he knew I wanted to know) if there were any "tricks" that can throw people into labor.  Her first thing was DON'T drink castor oil!  She said it rarely works and it's a horrible way to go.  It basically makes you sick, out both ends.  Very violently sick.  I told her that was no problem.  That was the one thing I would NOT try.  She said spicy food (particularly Thai or Mexican), cleaning bathrooms (like scrubbing floors...she said she doesn't know why, but this is the most common way she's seen that has sent people into labor), going for walks, and some other things I won't mention.  If you're pregnant or have been pregnant, you probably know what I'm talking about.  ;)

So we'll see!  Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and was WIRED the whole day.  I started cleaning and doing some organizational things.  And I didn't sleep again until 11:30 that night.  It was insane and I was WIPED OUT the next day.  Just about everything is marked off our checklist!  Our house is the cleanest it's been in quite some time.  Really the only thing left is some laundry and to get Kyle's car fixed.  But those are no big deal.  If baby were to come right this second, I would be ok with it and not worry about the things I didn't get done.  So the waiting begins! 

I will start off tonight by trying to paint my toes...we'll see how that goes...lol....

Maybe next time I update there will be a real, live, Baby Kirby that we can look at in a picture?  Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment