Saturday, April 9, 2011

No News is Good News? Maybe?

Well, I wasn't going to post until Monday, but I'll go ahead and give an update.

Wednesday I did my 24-hour urine test and Thursday morning I had my blood test.  I went back to the doctor Thursday afternoon at 4:5o where I was supposed to get my results.  My mom even came because she wanted to know what was going on and ask some questions (she has a bit of a medical background, so she's knows what to ask, whereas I have no clue). 

My weight and blood pressure were checked.  Stil only a gain of 4 pounds.  Blood pressure was 112/60.  The midwife ran in and said, "Ok, I'm going to check you really fast because I have a girl who is complete and I need to go deliver a baby!"  So she measured me really fast and asked me how I'd been feeling.  I told her my headache was gone, but I still had pain in my stomach/rib area and have felt really nauseous.  She said the swelling looked like it had gone down in my face.  Kyle said, "Now can she go to work Monday?"  And she said, "No!  No work Monday."  She checked my test results real fast and said, "Your numbers look good...maybe it was just a fluke?  I'm not sure.  We will talk to more Monday.  I need to go."  She rushed out.  The whole appointment lasted maybe a minute and a half.  Maybe.  I turned and looked at Kyle and my mom and just stared at them thinking, what just happened?  I just sat there for a minute.  We all did. 

I TOTALLY get why she had to leave in a hurry.  And I'm glad to know when I go into labor that they won't waste any time getting over there when I'm ready.  However, I've spent the past few days panicking (we all have) and I received no answers.  It's not her fault at all, it was just bad timing.  But I keep telling myself, well, it must not be too bad or she would've had someone else come in to talk to me or she would've sent me to the hospital and let them deal with me. 

So that's where we're at until my next appointment on Monday at 4.  *Sigh*  I just hope I get some answers.  The pain I have in my upper abdominal region is really painful at times.  And I will sleep at night, but it's not good sleep.  It takes me a whole day to get the rest I need between nighttime sleep and all my little naps here and there.  I'm getting ready to go take another one now.  And sometimes the sweling is gone and the all of a sudden I can hardly bend my fingers and my legs feel so heavy.  It goes to extremes.  Suddenly it will be there and suddenly it will go away.  I know swelling is totally normal during pregnancy (I watched my sister's ankles blow up last year when she was pregnant...it was insane!).  But it just seems like mine is really inconsistent and goes through extremes.  And now I'm developing major back pain.  And the hard part is walking across the house can leave me MAJORLY out of breath.  I mean, I'm huffing and puffing and have to stop and sit down.  I've also started getting these weird pains down real low.  They'll come and go really fast, but it feels like a sharp, stabbing pain below my belly.  It's not too bad, it just causes me to gasp all of a sudden and think, "Ow, what was that???"  I get about 2 or 3 a day.  I'm not concerned yet, as I'm sure it's "just another thing."  And I can definitely tell he's moved down a little because his hiccups and arm movements are getting lower and lower.

It's just hard because I don't know what's normal and what's not.  And I don't know how extreme certain things have to become to turn into a real issue.  But all in all, I feel a lot more rested and relaxed.  But I'm still having issues.  As I've said countless times before, maybe I'm just a big wuss and can't handle this.  And I feel like I've complained my whole pregnancy, which I hate.  :/  I pretty much envy the people that go through pregnancy like a champ and fight through it and you'd never know they were uncomfortable.

Well, I will update again Monday night.  For right now, I'm going to take another nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment