Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 Weeks

Now I'm starting to see why everyone laughs when you complain about how uncomfortable you are and they say, "Haha!  Just you wait!"  Yep.  It gets WORSE.  When I didn't think it was even possible...  It's literally getting hard to walk, it's very hard to breathe, and sitting is really awful, even though I can't live without it.  The best position is laying down on my side, even though after a few hours it makes my hips hurt.  It's like I have to constantly be switching my body position because if I'm a certain way too long, I cry.  Ha!  Literally.  I really think I'm the biggest whimp in the world. 

The worst part is I'm eating like a bird because I'm honestly out of room.  Baby is taking up so much space I just don't have anywhere for food to go.  For example, yesterday I had a small bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, half an enchilada for lunch, a small salad for dinner, and then a banana with Nutella for a late-night snack.  And the only reason I ate the banana was because I was feeling so sick and I knew I needed food for me and the baby to keep us going.  Tonight we got El Campo and I ordered a beef and cheese burrito, a taco, and some queso with chips.  They kinda messed up my order and what I got was a steak and cheese burrito with a side of rice, an order of lettuce, tomato, and sour cream, a taco, and queso and chips.  What I ATE was the rice and all the lettuce, and about 5 chips with queso.  And I'm done. 

Yesterday was al ittle scary.  I woke up with a migraine and then slept until 11:30.  I had major stomach pain and pain right under my ribs that feels kinda like bruising.  The headache never fully went away and lasted through the day, even when taking my prescribed migraine meds.  I went up to the school to work in my classroom for 5 hours and I honest to goodness thought my only option was to call 911.  I knew Kyle was at work and my family was in Columbus, so I knew nobody could get there quick enough.  I suddenly felt VERY lightheaded, sick to my stomach, hot as all get out (I hobbled over to the fan and turned it on), and very short of breath.  Fortunately, once I turned on the fan, drank some water, and went to pee I felt a lot better.  It was quite scary, mainly because nobody was around.  And to top it off, I didn't feel him move as much as normal yesterday.  If I felt anything, it was very slight and subtle movement.  THAT had me freaked out.  I didn't fall asleep until 3 a.m. and then woke up at 7:30.  It was one of the longest days so far.  I'm glad all that's over and that I'm feeling tons better today.  And he's been moving around pretty good!

Today was the first baby shower!  It was amazing.  It was at the Palace Theater in one of the upstairs rooms.  A lot of my close friends and friends of the family were there.  My dear friend April made the BEST cupcakes!  I actually mananged to get one down!  :P  The food was all so yummy.  My sister and friend, Sue, planned a couple games that were cute.  The first one was a baby food tasting game.  It was disgusting.  YUCK!  The first sample was peas.  I gagged a little.  I was totally disgusted, lol.  The next one, I believe, was apples, pears, and kiwi.  That one was definitely the best.  Then came the mangos and something.  Finally was the sweet potatoes and chicken I think.  Again - gross.  The last game was super-cute.  It was a matching game.  Everyone that was at the shower was listed on one side on a piece of paper, then the meanings of their names were listed on the right.  We had to try and guess and match names with meanings.  Too funny and cute!  Baby got lots of cute stuff and necessities.  I came home and put it all out and wrote all my thank-yous.  Here's a little picture of what all Baby got today.



We have cheer tryouts this coming week, so that's why I'm updating the blog a few days early.  I know I will have NO time this week for internet stuff.  At least very minimal.

SO, on Tuesday I will be 30 weeks!  Wow!  Only 10 weeks left!  That's just insane.  When I think about everything left to do, 10 weeks kinda stresses me out.  But I know it will all be fine and tons of fun!  As of last week, the baby is now the size of a squash!  He's between 15" and 17", which is crazy because that's only a few inches away from what he'll be at birth!  Ahhh!!!  He's starting to have sleep and wake cycles.  I know the biggest wake cycle he has is anywhere from 9:30 p.m.-midnight.  He goes NUTS at night.  You can see bulges in my belly and little pokes and jabs.  All of his senses are fully developed now and he's having some major brain and nervous system developments.  Kyle and are I getting more and more excited to meet this baby and discover what he looks like and his personality!


Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment