Monday, April 18, 2011

32 Weeks

32 weeks pregnant







8 more weeks...8 more weeks...I can do this!  I think...

Friday night Kyle called off work because he wasn't feeling the greatest and needed a night of rest.  Little did we know God had him call off for a reason.  Kyle made shrimp tacos (major yummo, fyi!) and we ate dinner and just sat on the couch watching some TV.  I had started to get pain under my ribs earlier, but thought food would fix it.  Wrong!  It started to hurt a lot and I got really uncomfortable, so i decided to go lay down in the bed since it's the *most comfortable* (:note sarcasm here...with a bit of truth...it really is the most comfy place even though there is no such thing as a comfortable place when you're pregnant:).  As soon as I layed down, I had an instant headache.  Weird.  Well, after laying there and laying there, under my ribs started to hurt like nothing I've ever felt before.  It was enough to make me start moaning out in pain.  Kyle finally heard me and came in and decided to call the doctor right away.  Even though I told him I was probably fine and just needed to ride it out.  So they paged the on-call doctor (Dr. Moodly) and he called and asked me all my symptoms and suggested I go to the hospital to get checked out.  So off we went...

We got to the ER about 8:15 and they wheeled me up to Labor & Delivery.  They made me change into a gown and hooked me up to all the monitors.  My blood pressure was fine at that point...still around 110/60.  The doctor ordered another blood test (yippee).  The lady who did it was awesome and got the needle right in and I barely felt it.  However, my mind is probably very over-reactive and my psychological issues made me freak out.  My blood pressure dropped way low and I started to lose my hearing and almost passed out.  I felt SO sick.  And during that whole episode baby's heartrate dropped to 73!  Yikes!  Poor little guy.  :(  So they got me a bag to breathe in and a cold washcloth for my forehead.  I was so thirsty and just wanted to water.  So Kyle brought over my big cup of water and I sipped it and it kept coming out of the straw and spilled all over the front of me.  Ice cold water.  But I instantaneously felt better after that, even though it was quite a shock to my system.  :P 

At this point it was around 10:00.  So the bloodwork came back normal, but because of my fainting episode and the stress on the baby, they wanted to keep me until at least midnight to make sure all was well.  My blood pressure in the last 45 minutes started to drop again.  The second to last reading was 88/58.  So the machine started beeping and they just came in and switched it off, saying it's probably just because I was laying on my side.  My last reading was 80/43!  It started beeping AGAIN.  Once again, apparently that's normal because they let me go home after that.  Hmmm...this is why I'm not a doctor.  That still seems low to me and I'm kinda suprised they let me go.  So yeah, we got home about 12:30 and passed out.  Poor Kyle.  And he was freezing the whole time at the hospital because the room temp. was 66 and I was comfortable, slightly on the warm side.  The nurse brought him a blanket.  ;)

My appointment today went well.  I saw another midwife, since mine is on vacation.  She didn't seem overly concerned about anything and didn't have much to say.  So home I went.  Another appointment is in store for next Monday.

Now I'm 32 weeks!  Yahoo!  He weighs somewhere around 4 pounds at this point.  And 19 inches.  Holy cow.  He may only grow another couple inches by time he's born!  He's apparently practicing sucking his thumb.  I asked her today if she could tell which direction he was and all she really said was that his head was down low and his feet are on my right side.  So at least he's upside down!  That made me feel slightly better.

I do believe I've started having some really mild contractions.  I only get them every once in a while...a few times a day if I'm lucky.  It just feels like mild cramps and some hardening/tightening of my belly.  Definitely weird stuff.  It's just strange that my body is starting to get ready!

The furniture should be here sometime this week/early next week.  So in a couple weeks I will be able to post some nursery pictures!  I can't WAIT for it to all be put together.  It's really taking shape and is getting SUPER cute.  It's better than I had imagined!

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment