Monday, January 24, 2011

20 Weeks - HALFWAY DONE!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

I thought this day would never come!  As of tomorrow, I am 20 weeks.  That means I'm exactly halfway through my pregnancy!  And I'm SOOOO excited that this time tomorrow night I can say, "I'm over halfway there!" 

I had my monthly checkup today and everything seems great!  His heartbeat is at 164, which is the fastest it's been so far.  He's usually in the 150s, so he's excited about something!  Maybe he feels my excitement of him making his appearance to the world in just 4 1/2 months!  Of course I have been able to feel him move for about a month now, but I can't ever get Kyle to feel him yet.  She put her hand on my belly and said something that was apparently funny to me, because I laughed and she said, "Oh!  There he is!  He just kicked me!"  And I said, "WHAT?!?!?!  Seriously?!?!?!"  And she did it again and said, "Yep!  There he is again!"  Kyle was so frustrated because he hasn't been able to feel him yet.  She called him over and told him where to put his hand.  Then she told me to laugh again (which still just cracks me up) and she said, "Awww...he's not kicking now!"  Kyle's frustration grew, haha.  So when we got home I made him try again and right away he said, "Oh, there he is!"  So cool.  :)  I'm so happy for Kyle.  I know it makes it so much more real for him.  :)

Anyways, she prescribed me some meds to help ease the naseua.  I also got sea bands yesterday and those actually seemed to help quite a bit.  So hopefully I will be back to feeling halfway normal again!  The most exciting news is that she cleared me to go to visit my friends in Mississippi in April!  I was soooo relieved.  My sweet friends always meet up the last weekend of April to reconnect and reunite and I've gone every year but 1, so I was so thankful she told me I could go.  And word has it they are planning a little shower for me, so I'm excited!  I'm just so happy to see them because I only get to see them once a year as it is.  Any less and I think I would be devastated.  I KNOW I would be devastated!  HOWEVER, she said I'm not allowed to fly...so that means Kyle is coming with me and we are roadtripping it up!  She LOVED finding out he's an EMT and then proceeded to ENCOURAGE me to go!  I do have to have an appointment the day before I go so I can get the once-over to double check I'm good to go.  So excited!

Ok, so 20 weeks....let's see....he's the size of a CANTALOUPE!!!!  Length-wise...crown to rump.  So that means he's like 6.5 inches long and around 10-11 ounces.  Crazy how big he is!  This is the gross part...his digestive system is starting to make what will appear in his first diaper!  Ewwwww....that grosses me out so much, lol.  His genitals are fully formed now!  I love hearing when things are fully formed...it lets me know he's that much closer to being ready to come out!

2 more weeks and I get another ultrasound.  This one is for diagnostic stuff and to make sure everything is forming properly and growing like it should.  It's always so exciting to see him on a screen, but the thing that has me most excited is they do a 3-D image of his FACE.  That means we get to see what he's gonna kinda look like!  A lot of people I know (including my sister) ended up having a kid that looked SOOOO similar to the 3D face image.  It's crazy!  As soon as I get the pics I will post them!  Can't wait to see what he looks like!  A bit nervous, too...hoping nothing is wrong or weird.

See ya in 2 weeks!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so ready for Double Decker!! It's going to be great to see you and Kyle and celebrate baby Kirby!!

    love you! KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they cleared you for the trip! It will be here before you know it! Can't wait to see you (three)!

    ReplyDelete