Wednesday, February 2, 2011

21 Weeks

I'm ready for this to be over.  I'm just bored, I think.  I'm ready to have a little guy to hang out with and take care of.  I'm ready to see my feet again.  I'm ready to be able to turn in bed without using a whole process.  I'm ready to lay on my back and stomach again.  I'm ready to go all out at the gym (I'm doing as much as I can, but it's not what I'm used to and it's driving me crazy).  I'm ready to bend over and put socks on.  I'm ready to have joints that don't ache.  I'm ready to go for a jog through the neighborhood in shorts and a t-shirt.  I'm ready to be able to stand on my feet for more than 15 minutes without having to sit down.  I'm ready to have ankles and feet and hands that aren't swollen.  I'm ready to just feel like myself again.  *Sigh*  Only a little less than 4.5 months! 

Here are some recent picks of my ever-expanding belly!





The baby is the size (this week we start measuring head to toe!  Oh, that's exciting!) of a large banana this week!  And after holding up a large banana to my belly on Monday, yep, that's about right!  Actually, it's kinda sad because this is the last week that has a fruit for the week.  Starting next week, the baby will be roughly the same size for the next 3, then we go to a monthly fruit.  So that means right now he's about 10.5"  from head to toe.  He weighs about 13 oz. 

Right now he's about his movements are getting more intense.  We can feel him from the outside now and you can actually SEE him moving if you watch my belly!  It's just crazy.  Kyle just loves, loves, loves it!  This week he can also start to actually taste everything I eat.  I bet he likes bananas!  I've been eating tons of those.  That and peanut butter.  And cereal (everything from Cheerios to Cocoa Pebbles to Raisin Bran). 

I also have 4 showers scheduled at this point, and I believe another one is in the works.  They all start the first weekend in April.  First is the Marion shower with family friends and high school friends.  That one is at the Palace.  I'm super-pumped.  It sounds like it will be one of my biggest showers, so that part makes me slightly nervous.  I get very anxious in large crowds.  :P  I have one hosted by my husband's family in mid-April.  Then there's one in Michigan with all of my family the first weekend in May.  Then there's a small one with close college friends the end of April.  Whew.  I'm going to be worn out!  But hopefully that will make the last trimester go fairly quickly.  Stick cheer tryouts and Easter in there and I won't know where the time went!

I go for my 22-week ultrasound on Monday!  I'm super-excited about that.  Be expecting pictures Monday night!  One last note...I NEED SPRING.  Desperately.  Being stuck at home the past 2 days and being stuck at home again tomorrow is starting to drive me stir-crazy.  I'm about to lose my mind!  At least Buckeye Chuck didn't see his shadow...spring next week?  Right?  Maybe?  Oh, please send sunshine and warm weather if you've got it...

No comments:

Post a Comment