Monday, February 7, 2011

22 Weeks

Today was our ultrasound!  He is so stinkin' cute!  I was sooooo glad.  And everything looked perfectly healthy and good (I had fears ALL week that something would be wrong with him).  Measurements are a day/two days ahead of schedule, so due date is June 14th!  That was my original due date at the very beginning.  Not that an exact date means anything at all, because he'll come when he wants to.  :P 

Heart beat was 164 per minute!  Still going nice and strong!  No cleft pallet lips, no underdeveloped organs, no small limbs...he's perfect!  And I think he's so cute.  If you've read my previous posts, you'll know that I mentioned my biggest fear is an ugly baby.  Seriously.  Some babies are just not cute.  When I first saw the ultrasound I thought he definitely looked like Kyle!  But as I look at them more, I can see more of each of us.  I think I would feel better if he looked more like Kyle.  I think he's the better-lookin' of us.  ;)  But he actually looks like he's gonna be a cute kid, so I'm excited!  I could tell my niece was gonna be cute by her ultrasound pics, so I'm glad that it looks like we're on the same track. 

The absolute CUTEST thing was when he would yawn!  It was soooo awesome to see him do that!  Oh my gosh, he did it twice, but I wanted him to keep doing it over and over again!

Speaking of "him", we've started to refer to "him" as "HLR."  That's because we think we have it narrowed down to 3 names:  Hudson, Lincoln, and Rowan.  We keep throwing out new names, but we haven't had a new one added in a couple months now.  So it's lookin' like these are the final 3!  We will know the final name once he's born!  No naming until we see him.  :)

HLR is the size of a papaya this week!  He will stay roughly this size for the next 3 weeks.  He also weighs (according to ultrasound) 1.1 pounds!  His face is fully formed by now.  He can also hear things from outside my body (my voice, Kyle's voice, Dixie barking, music, etc.).  He's sleeping about 12-14 hours a day (that's where all that yawning came from! :P). 

Ok, enough of all the chatter...here are the pics!  And if you're not used to 3D ultrasound pics, you have to learn to look past the alien-like ways they look.  :P







1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great pictures. You are right, he is stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete