Monday, January 10, 2011

18 Weeks!

Well I tried to update this last week, but it wouldn't let me type anything.  Now we're back in business!

I'm actually home sick from school today.  :(  Kyle had the flu yesterday, so I slept on the couch last night.  I didn't fall asleep until almost 11 and then I woke up at 3:30 because my stomach was hurting and never did go back to sleep.  So my stomach is hurting on and off, I can't breathe, I'm coughing, my back hurts, and I have a headache.  I feel pretty crappy, to say the least.  It's a good thing that normally baby doesn't even know I'm sick and it doesn't impact him, otherwise I'd be freaking out!

At my last appointment on Monday, December 27th, his heart rate was the same as the last 2 times - 158!  She said, "Ok, I'm just going to feel your belly to see where your uterus is..." and then she BARELY touched near my belly button and said, "Oh there it is!  That was really easy!"  I was like, wow, what are you feeling cause I don't feel a thing....glad she knows what she's doing!

She also asked if I had felt him move yet and I told her no, but how funny is it that AS SOON AS I got home I felt him start moving!  He's actually moving right now as I type, haha!  It's the COOLEST thing ever, although slightly annoying right now because it tickles  a lot.  Especially the last week he's been kicking harder.  It just feels like muscle twitches or spasms pretty much.  But it's definitely getting more defined.  Because he's still so low, when he kicks it makes me laugh and jump a lot of times because it just tickles so much!  I guess where he's kicking me is just a sensitive spot. :P  Looking forward to when Kyle can start feeling him!

I haven't had a chance to upload a picture yet, but my former roomate Lindsay's parents got our little one an Ole Miss hat!  Omg, it's so tiny and precious!  Even Kyle said, "I think he might just come home from the hospital in this!"  Yessssss.... :P

I have another regular monthly appointment 2 weeks from today, then 4 weeks from today we go back for our next ultrasound.  They'll do all the measurements and see how the baby is progressing and developing.  We should get a more accurate due date out of that appointment.  I'm sure it will be close to what it is now, but I'm always hoping it'll be earlier! ;)

Oh, and this is cool....our baby has his own personal fingerprints this week!  AND he's the size of a sweet potato (about 5.6 inches from crown to rump...if you stretched him out he'd be a couple inches longer!) this week!  He's now hiccuping and yawning!  That's just so cute to me, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment