Monday, November 8, 2010

What is this thing attached to the front of my stomach?!?!

Well, this is interesting!  I feel like it kinda came out of nowhere!  A co-worker explained to me the reason I'm showing already is because I'm so SHORT!  Omg, it makes total sense.  Here I was freaking out, but now I know it's because baby only has room to grow out, not up and down!  But you asked for a pic of the bump, so here it is.  Btw, in the future I most likely will not include my face.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I HATE pictures of myself.  You're lucky this time.... ;)

But on another note, I'm a couple days shy of 9 weeks!  That also means I'm heading into my last month of the first trimester.  This week the baby is about 1 inch, the size of a green olive.  Its facial features are becoming more distinct and starting to look more like a baby (this is all from the books I'm reading).  Tiny muscles are starting to form this week, which means it's starting to move its little feet and arms!  I won't be able to feel it for at LEAST another month, though.  Its fingers and toes are about complete.  Its eyelids almost cover its eyes and its nose has a shape now!  And the diaphragm is developing this week.  It's so weird and cool and exciting!  Next week (in case I don't get to update), baby will be the size of a prune, and then a LIME!  It's growing so fast!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Are you sure you only saw one little baby kirby? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fantastic Sarah!

    I had the same issue, I showed really early because I was so short and have practically no torso! That also fooled the doctor towards the end and she started thinking that baby Collin was huge - upwards of 10 pounds - but with a late ultrasound they determined that it was just because my uterus and baby had no place else to go but out and that's why I was measuring so large. (he ended up only being 7 pounds 1 ounce.) You will be fine and it just means you will have a very cute and obvious bump.

    Congrats again and again and thanks for keeping us posted. The ultrasound pics are great!

    ReplyDelete