Monday, November 1, 2010

Baby is well! :)

Yay, yay, yay!  I've had 2 appointments and another blood test since my last post 2 weeks ago.  I've been feeling all in all pretty well.  I've had some mild crampiness, but nothing excruciating or unbearable.  The worst part has been I've just not been feeling like eating.  Everything sounds gross and it makes me feel like I want to throw up.  But it's getting slightly better and I'm slowly starting to eat more again.  I've lost 5 pounds since I found out I was pregnant.  I know that will go away and that I will gain more, haha...it's just part of it!  No big deal!  Anything for my little jelly bean! :)

Appointment #1 was just a review of our family history and talking about what to expect and how things will go and progress.  And then we met with the financial ladies and fortunately our insurance covers everything!  We were very excited and relieved!

I have now successfully made it through 2 blood tests...and I didn't even pass out!  I'm starting to get a LOT better with all this medical stuff.  It used to be I'd pass out at the THOUGHT of anything that might hurt or any sort of needle.  Now it's almost like it's no big deal.  Woohoo!  I'm a big girl! :)

Today we had our first "official" baby appointment.  After waiting an hour, we got to go back and SEE and HEAR our baby!  It was the coolest, and most emotional thing.  One of the biggest, most incredible moments of my life.  There it was!  This tiny little human-being.  So cute already!  I could just tell, haha!  (One of my fears is having an ugly baby...it was one of my sister's biggest fears, too...I think I got it from her :P)  And perhaps the two COOLEST things ever was SEEING the heart beat!!!  It was like its little lungs (it looked like lungs on the machine) were going in and out so fast!  It was actually MOVING!  Then she turned up the volume and we HEARD its heart beating!  Its little heart is beating 152 beats per minute.  That just warms my heart.  :)  More and more tears rolled down my face with everything I saw and heard.  I just stared in amazement.  I even recognized the head!  Its limbs are still kind of difficult to separate, but I think I can see the arms sticking up a little bit.  I'm measuring between 7.5 and 8 weeks.  THE OFFICIAL DUE DATE IS JUNE 15th!!!  Oh my goodness, it was just so cool.  I will never get over that moment.  I know there are many more to come, but that one starts all the good memories and sentimental moments!

Next appointment is in 4 weeks...until then, here's the first pictures of Baby Kirby! :)



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy every moment Sarah!! They just get better and better!!! (This is cousin Mandy....btw!!!) Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you friend!! It's hard to believe that the girl I met as a freshman is soon to be a mommy. Y'all are in my prayers... and I'm looking forward to reading your blog... it will be a great way for you to document everything... plus it's a great place to vent emotions(read mine and you will understand that!)!!

    love you Sarah!
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete