Tuesday, March 15, 2011

27 Weeks

Ya know what's weird?  At least to me.  I have 13 weeks REMAINING.  Yesterday marked the 3-months-from-my-due-date-day.  Crazy.  It's so weird to think about.  3 months ago it was right before Christmas.  That honestly doesn't seem that long ago! 

He's still roughly the size of an eggplant.  Now when he moves, he moves to get comfortable.  He's not just moving around for the heck of it.  Actually, he's starting to get cramped in his ever-shrinking space.  His lungs are going through some bigtime developments.  Actually, his nostrils have opened up and he's starting to take practice breaths (which he's just breathing in amniotic fluid...but it's a start...even though I don't quite get it, lol...just goes to show you how amazing and intricate God can be!).  He's just a little over 2 pounds at this point. 

Speaking of which, I've finally gained a pound, haha!  I mean, I lost 13 at the beginning and I have now gained 14 back.  So that's like a net of +1.  It's progress, haha!  I know I'll gain at LEAST 5 or 6 more, because that's how much he'll need to weigh 7-8 pounds when he's born.  Plus add in more blood and fluid and all that stuff and it'll be a little higher.  I found out last night that I can't walk as fast on the treadmill anymore.  It was almost embarrassing, because I felt like I should've gone so much faster.  But I'm facing the hard realization that my body simply can't handle things like it used to.  I used to think I'd be superwoman because I'm young, healthy, and generally strong/fit...but yeah...pregnancy doesn't care who you are.  You're going to change.  My hands and feet are also starting to swell something ridiculous.  Especially when I wake up in the mornings.  I can barely bend my fingers, haha!

Ok, I'm also EXHAUSTED.  This last trimester is going to be rough, just because of a lack of energy.  The last 2 weeks or so, I have NO clue how I've been able to stay on my own two feet.  I feel totally loopy and confused.  I feel like a lot of times i have a blank expression on my face and it takes me a while to comprehend what people are saying.  Kinda strange.  Anyways, on THAT note...I'm off to bed!  :P

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment