Saturday, December 11, 2010

13.5 Weeks

Well, hello long-lost blog and blogger friends!  I told you I wouldn't be very good about updating. :P  If it weren't for my principal and my former roomate, Katie, the next post might not be until baby is born! :P

I am currently about 13 1/2 weeks right now.  Right now baby is the size of a peach!  It's growing so fast!  I feel like just yesterday it was a blueberry.  Right now the teeth and vocal cords are forming.  The proportions of its body are almost normal.  Its intestines are moving from the umbilical cord into its little body.  Crazy what takes place each week!  In a few days it will be the size of a lemon.  Apparently, I don't know my fruits very well because I feel like a lemon is smaller than a peach.  Eh, who knows!

The most exciting thing is that THIS THURSDAY we get to find out if it's a boy or girl!  We are SOOOO excited, nervous, anxious, thrilled.... It will be a big deal!  We've invited both of our mom's to go with us.  We are going to a place in Columbus called Ultrasona.  They can determine gender as early as 14 weeks.  AND, if they're wrong they have a money-back guarantee.  So that tells me they know what they're doing and I've heard nothing but great things about this place.  I've known lots of people who have gone down there and I've never heard of anyone being told the wrong thing.  So I have lots of hope and excitement!

Friday is our last day of school.  Then we're off for 2 weeks (until January 3rd).  So my plan is to get the room painted, have the carpet installed, and start our registry.  I figure while I've got the time off I might as well get some things ready.  I'm kinda shocked I haven't really done much of anything yet.  I remember when I got engaged, I went out and registered 2 days later.  The wedding was 8 months away.  Now the baby will be here in 6 months and I haven't started a single thing....

And THAT'S where my wonderful friends and family come to save the day!  My former roomate, Lindsay, sent me these DARLING Ole Miss booties!  I'm starting to think Baby Kirby might just leave the hospital dressed in Ole Miss apparel.....

And last weekend my grandma and grandpa came down from Michigan to celebrate Christmas since we will be staying here this year.  And these great-grandparents came bearing gifts for the unborn!  I was really surprised and did not expect this at all....



Until next week....

3 comments:

  1. Well...It's about time! I want weekly updates on here....even though I work with you! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me friend... as soon as we get a gender... I'll start buying! PS... I need your address!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love the new clothes--can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! Please text me!

    ReplyDelete